Grow boxes use hydroponics technology to grow plants, herbs, and vegetables in a much shorter time than traditional methods. Hydroponic Grow boxes use only grow lights, fluorescent lights, nutrients, water, and LED grow lights. Using this method allows crops to be harvested after one to two months.
There are various types, styles, and sizes one can choose when wanting an organic grow box to have fresh vegetables and herbs all year long. There are small grow boxes that are suitable for up to 14 plants, and do not take up a great deal of space. They often have reflectors inside, allowing for the temperature to stay lower than the room it is in. They are good for those just starting their hydroponics system, or those that have limited space. They usually come with everything needed to get started.
When all of the nutrients that plants need to survive are given to them in the water they are in, they no longer require soil, since it is only there as a way to hold the nutrients until the roots can absorb them. Using hydroponics, just about any plant that is terrestrial can survive. Some of the advantages to using an organic grow box are:
- You don’t need soil
- You need less water since water introduced into the system can be reused
- You get higher yields that are more stable
- Since the container can be moved easily, they are easier to care for in regards to diseases and insects
- Less cost for sustaining healthy plants since the levels of nutrition can be completely controlled
- No pollution from nutrition because the entire system is contained
- Can be used where it is not possible to grow crops in the ground
- Faster growth rates
- Less area needed for growing
- Reduced time and effort on your part
- Plants and vegetables can be grow year round
Grow boxes use a solution rich in nutrients that are often aerated to insure that the roots get the right level of oxygen they require. A reservoir can hold either one, or several plants, and a hole is cut into the top. Then, the solution is changed on a regular schedule, or when the concentration gets too low in the reservoir. Before you know it your crops will be ready for harvest and enjoyment. Contact us with any questions regarding our products. Using grow boxes for an organic home garden is an exceptional way to have fresh vegetables year round, with less less work and space.